- COMMUNICATION IS KEY…you must be a good communicator which includes not only a good RSVP tool but being proactive with a pre-event communication follow up.
- KNOW WHO’S NOT SHOWING UP…you can’t fix it if you don’t know about it so make sure to track your no-shows and which groups or segments they belong to.
- SET UP A STANDBY LIST…airlines and hotels have mastered the no-show percentage so never turn away people wanting to attend your event, put them on a standby list and with proper communication you will be able to fill your event.
- — USE SOCIAL MEDIA FOR GIVEAWAYS…make sure to communicate your event through all of your social media channels and make sure you have a registration link for immediate impact.
- ATTENDEE REFERRALS…with a proper email list you can have your attendees refer colleagues to your event to help fill empty seats.
- CHARGE THEM…if you have a free event you may consider charging only attendees that don’t show up. Add to your terms and conditions that the ticket is only free to those who attend and if they don’t they will incur a payment.
- KEEP THEM EXCITED…most of the no-shows comes from people who get their ticket too soon. Make sure to work in your social media and email communication that the ticket is just the start, keep them excited about attendee your event.
If you have any further questions regarding this or if you have any additional “TIPS” that you would like to share, feel free to contact me directly at 612-432-1397 or feel free to email me at email@example.com or check out my website www.ameetingplannersbestfriend.com. I’M HERE TO HELP!