How to Attract and Retain Younger Members
Having trouble attracting younger members or keeping the ones you already have on board? Here are some tips on how you should be using your social media pages and what offers you should be considering to retain younger members.
- Offer discounts to existing members to bring in junior employees in order to grow you need to reach out to your existing base.
- Offer a trial period for young professionals. Millennials are most likely in a time where they are not committed to the industry so you have to let them “test drive” the benefits of your organization.
- Offer sessions designed for beginners. Large receptions or sessions not geared towards new members will scare them away. Keep content and sessions fresh and realize that you need to cater to new members.
- Offer a mentorship program. Young professionals want immediate feedback so giving them an experienced member will help give them the quick answers they are looking for.
- Invest in new marketing. Clear, concise and cool marketing is a great way to draw in the younger generation. Old ads and old marketing ideas equate toold attendees.
- Offer marketing material to sell their boss on why they should attend. In order to get out of the office you need to not only sell them but you need to help sell their boss. Give them the selling tools to sell their boss.
- Offer sessions that share ideas. The younger generation does not like to be talked to, they like to share ideas, share suggestions and be involved in the conversation.
- Use social media for marketing, not email. We are getting to a point where emails are becoming overbearing so the more you can do to reach out via social media, the better off you will be in the long run.
- Make it easy as possible to join and allow online registration. Once again young professionals do not want to have to mail in checks or fill out forms and fax them in. Allow them to apply online, pay online and become a member or attendee as quickly as possible.